From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROPERTY NODE

Thanks. Does it work only for menu refnum or all other icons from  refnums?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(1,199 Views)
How do i pass just the boolean text in a boolean button to an array?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,050 Views)

You should probably start with a new thread instead of adding to one that is over three years old. You should also use more than one sentence to explain your problem. I assume you know how to get the boolean text, but I am mystified what you mean "passing" it into an array.

• What kind of array?
  • Control, wire, or indicator?
  • I assume you have an existing string array, so what is your definition of "pass"?
  • Append to the array?
  • Replace one array element with the new text?
  • Place each character into a new array element?
  • Apply the boolean text to an array of booleans?
  • ???
Message Edited by altenbach on 01-06-2009 06:38 PM
Message 13 of 21
(1,043 Views)
Oh...cause when i type on the user search bar it showed me multiple threads that are related to my question therefore i just reply to it. Sorry about the confusion. what i meant by passing it into an array means that whenever i click on the button (true or False) , it will send the boolean text of that button and insert into a column in an array. it is just a normal array of 2 D. Indicator. Yes. i have an existing string of array and just want to insert the letters that the button has because the output of the button is just true and false but i want to send the text words.  Yes is to replace an array element with a new text and place each character into a new array element.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,040 Views)

Well, things are still not much clearer. Instead of a property node, I would probably use a "select" node wired to the boolean and select between two string diagram constants.

Trig wrote:
Yes is to replace an array element with a new text and place each character into a new array element.

So you have a 2D array and want to replace an existing element with new text but place the characters into new elements??? You can't have both!

Could you attach a simplified version of your VI to make things more clear?

Anyway, here's a quick example (LV8.5) how you would append the boolean text to a 1D arry whenever the boolean changes. Maybe it can give yo some ideas.

Message 15 of 21
(1,036 Views)
thanks altenbach, i have solved the problem already. thank you very much. i used a property node and choose boolean text and then put it in a for loop and connect it to a insert into array and it works. by the way i was unable to open the vi u posted as i am using ver 8.0
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,031 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,022 Views)
Hi i have a property node of a vi inside a loop and i want to link it to a reference of another VI which is on the main block diagram. if the vi inside the loop is on the main block diagram i am able to just right click and select reference and link to the VI on the main block diagram. but since now it is inside a loop within a VI what should i do to connect it back to the VI on the main block diagram?? please advice thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,002 Views)

Your image does not show any property nodes or references, so I am not sure what you are talking about.

I am also not sure what you mean by "main block diagram", do you mean the area outside the loop?

Message 19 of 21
(997 Views)
sorry i havent created the property nodes or references yet. i just want to connect the VI inside of a VI (subVI) nodes to the vi on the main block diagram. Yes,main block diagram is the area outside the loop.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(995 Views)