From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMACPanel interface for LabView

I was wondering if anyone has used a Delta Tau product called PMACPanel.
It
claims to be an interface between their hardware and LabView. It claims
to have
over 400 VIs and 40 tutorials. If anyone has used this product, I would
appreciate
some feedback of its performance.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,277 Views)
I am very interested in this as it allows a link between the easy to use Labview and the startling performance of the UMAC with the SLM Accessory card 69E(part xxx-603621-10x ) using the CT SLM technology based servo drives.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,277 Views)
I have used it with a Mini PMAC. The VIs are quite extensive, I think mostly because the Delta Tau controllers are complex. I actually prefer it over Flexmotion.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,279 Views)

Hi Brian,

I want your guidance regarding Delta tau controllers and LabVIEW. I'm currently using NI PCI7344 4-axis motion controller  with labview software. I wish to try delta tau for my next project. But I still wish to use labview as the platform. Is it advisable? Does delat tau provide VIs for operations such as linear/circular interpolation, s-curve etc. One of the problems that I am currently facing with NI is that, the circular interpolation VI takes in angles instead of co-ordinates. how  abt. delta tau? Also should the VI library for delta tau be seperately purchased or does it come with the hardware?

Regards,

Giridhar Rajan

Automation Engineer

Cruiser Controls

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,144 Views)

I have used Delta Tau controllers on 4 machines using Labview.  The PMAC is a very powerful controller, and you can probably get it to do whatever you want.  That leads to another problem.  It is anything but plug-n-play.  It is very difficult to get configured and to get all of the paremeters set for your application.  The VI library, which is a separate purchase, has many VI's.  I have found that I don't use many of them.  I typically will have a program in the PMAC that is written with variables for position, feedrates, etc.  I then change those variable and run the program using Labview.

Unless you have a knowledgeable distributor that is able to help you get it set up, I would think long and hard about using a PMAC.  You can download information from the Delta Tau website that will give you more details about the PMAC's capability.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,137 Views)

Great. So lots of VI's but no overview.

Could you send me a very simple "hello world" program for my

PMAC PCI Motion Control Card from DELTA TAU DATA SYSTEMS, INC. OF CALIFORNIA

So that I can see something move ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,495 Views)

The short answer is "no".  You don't need a program to get your motor to move.  You need to go through the setup of the PMAC using the Delta Tau software.  Once things are working at with that, you can start to think about using LabVIEW to control it.  Again, you must know the PMAC before you start using the LabVIEW interface to it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,492 Views)