cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey Guys,

I have written a code for a Fuzzy PID controller, which means I control the parameters of the PID based on fuzzy logic controller.

The problem is that when I connect the output of the fuzzy to the PID parameters, the output signal of the PID doesnt increase to find the goal. it stays constant. 

If I write the parameters as constants it works, but when I connect it to the output of the fuzzy it doesnt!

Can anyone open my files and try to assist me?

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,326 Views)

Have you had a chance to try debugging your code? It's possible that the output of your fuzzy logic VI isn't what you expect it to be. Take a look at the link below for some ways you can do this:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361L-01/lvconcepts/debug_techniques/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,260 Views)

Hey Scotia673,

Thanks for your attepmt to help, However, I don't think you understood my question,

I want to be able to continously change my PID gains.

It appears that the PID VI cannot handle PID gains which are continuously variable from iteration to iteration

I want the PID gains to change based on the output of every loop of the fuzzy Controller

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,235 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author elsayeda

It looks like you posted this question in this other post:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/continuously-changing-PID-gains/m-p/3144317

I also spoke with my colleagues, who you worked with over the phone, and he informed me that you were able to resolve the issue by changing the case structure in your PID VI which was being used to determine whether the gains had been changed to prevent the PID buffer from being disturbed. Glad to hear you got this resolved!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,201 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,174 Views)

You're welcome! Enjoy your weekend.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,131 Views)