LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID - right approach.

I need to implement two PID on my project, the hardware are 2 independent heaters, 7 temperature sensors (two of them will give feedback to PID), this temperature sensors are read with 2 BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy module Nordic nRF52 like) with 3Hz reading frequency of sensors. The PID will control PWM and / or SSR modules.

my question is... where do you think that I need to implement PID, Fuzzy, Cascade PID, on microcontrollers or in LabVIEW program ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(1,182 Views)

Hi xipxid,

@xipxid wrote:

my question is... where do you think that I need to implement PID, Fuzzy, Cascade PID, on microcontrollers or in LabVIEW program ?

I would start with a PID approach in LabVIEW on your host computer…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(1,159 Views)

Hi xipxid,

@xipxid wrote:

I'm afraid about "packets loosing" on the communication part, on casually temporary disconnections,

As you are using wireless sensors this problem can happen in any implementation, independently of the used controller hardware…

@xipxid wrote:

about all windows instability.

What kind of "windows instability" are you talking about? I never had problems with all those PID-controlled heaters in our testbenches. (But I don't use wireless sensors…)

Edit: somehow xidpid's 2nd message disappeared while I was writing my next answer, but I kept some quotes…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(1,129 Views)

Hi xidpid,

@xipxid wrote:

something happening with my post here, seems that moderators erase all my posts and I don't know how to contact them

You can right-click the "Options" in the upper-left of each message and "report to moderator" with your comment…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(1,121 Views)

"windows instability" let give you an example, I try the simplest thing in LabVIEW and arduino, to on and off a led. I use  LabVIEW 2020 community edition, LIFA arduino dev kit. all ok until now. I make a small vi, I run it. well... the LED don't ON ! I change LabVIEW version (only to test), same, I change the win 10 with win 7, same, I change on another computer, I change 4 arduino boards, I change arduino IDE version same problem. I ask a friend to test this vi, it work out of the box.

well... after deeply analyzing of this weird manifestation we conclude that a feedback CRC make some mismatch, we modify LIFA (only to test this theory) to not ask for this CRC and all works well the LED start to ON and OFF.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(1,080 Views)

The forum has a feature that tries to identify spam messages automatically and you seem to trigger some of these traps. Typically your posts will reappear once they are approved by a moderator.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(1,076 Views)

Hi xidpid,

@xipxid wrote:

"windows instability" let give you an example, I try the simplest thing in LabVIEW and arduino, to on and off a led. I use  LabVIEW 2020 community edition, LIFA arduino dev kit. all ok until now. I make a small vi, I run it. well... the LED don't ON ! I change LabVIEW version (only to test), same, I change the win 10 with win 7, same, I change on another computer, I change 4 arduino boards, I change arduino IDE version same problem. I ask a friend to test this vi, it work out of the box.

well... after deeply analyzing of this weird manifestation we conclude that a feedback CRC make some mismatch, we modify LIFA (only to test this theory) to not ask for this CRC and all works well the LED start to ON and OFF.

I don't see the relation between "windows instability" (aka "an instability of the Windows operating system") with a wrong CRC calculation when using some VIs of yours and (outdated) LIFA to communicate with your Arduino?

General suggestion: when you have problems with your VIs then you should attach those VIs so we can edit/debug them…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(1,073 Views)

@xipxid wrote:

LIFA was deprecated and replaced with LINX years ago.

LINX comes automatically installed with LV Community Edition, you should try using it.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,068 Views)

was a general example, that at 4000 km on one computer work ok and om my 2 computers that I try an so on don't work, nothing to help about that.

thank you anyway.

PID subject are interesting here and please, do not say anything that are not LabView, nothing, especially nothing about Matlab simulations. I understand that the PID are LabVIEW copyrighted an only LabVIEW can speak, try, test, simulate and so on on PID subject... nothing more than LabVIEW !!! thank you

Edited...

where the CRC make a mismatch... I don't know, I modify LIFA to don't ask for CRC ! windows, LabVIEW, arduino IDE... or whatever can do this, I don't find the logic after that I loose a week, enough time loosed.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,051 Views)

Hi xidpid,

@xipxid wrote:

was a general example, that at 4000 km on one computer work ok and om my 2 computers that I try an so on don't work, nothing to help about that.

thank you anyway.

We don't have access to those computers and cannot tell what's the difference between them…

@xipxid wrote:

PID subject are interesting here and please, do not say anything that are not LabView, nothing, especially nothing about Matlab simulations. I understand that the PID are LabVIEW copyrighted an only LabVIEW can speak, try, test, simulate and so on on PID subject... nothing more than LabVIEW !!! thank you

Nobody brought up "Matlab" in this thread, I don't know why you start talking about that now. (Apart from mentioning it in other threads with your messages…)

PID is not "copyrighted by LabVIEW", infact the PID VI is open with no password protection on the block diagram. (Btw. it's NI which holds patents on LabVIEW, LabVIEW is "just" the IDE/software sold by NI.) I don't know why you think you "understand" that from our messages…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(981 Views)