From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PID band for power savings

I'm running  a modified version of the some labview single input PID control to control the position of a linear actuator.  My processing variable is a voltage reading from an LVDT, which has a small ripple voltage associated with it.  My output variable is a voltage, which controls the length of the linear actuator.  The PID control works fine, and I can track signals.  BUT, when I try to hold the actuator at a single position, I want the input voltage to turn off.  That is, once the set point and actual position come close enough, I want the controller to reduce it's output voltage to approaching zero.  I tried changing the relay amplitude and noise level, but neither worked.  Right now, once the actual position reaches the set point, the output voltage osciallates between the max and min.

Thanks for any suggestions!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,270 Views)
We need more information.  What are all of the hardware components involved?  What PID code are you using?  Is the actuator horizontal or vertical?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,255 Views)