cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI(D) anti-windup values how to give?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have an old PI control system written in ANSI C, no source code available. However, in the old system manual, the P, I and D(=0) values are given, and also the "Control integral windup threshold" values, like +300, -300.

I have already implemented the PI control using the given P and I gain values in LabView2010 with PID add-on. My question is that, how can I implement the given anti-windup values? Do I have to hack and change the PID vi inside, what comes with the add-on? Or there is a better way to do that?

Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,740 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blokk

Hello

If you specify the "output range" to be +300 and -300, the PID algorithm has an anti-windup already setup in the algorithm that would apply this funtion on your control output.

Now, this is assuming that the anti-windup algorithm uses the same limits for the output control. If that is not the case, you would really need to change the internal code for what you need.

Also, notice that when transfering parameters from one system to another, the implemenation could defer considerably like previous controller use Integral Gain in seconds while the PID toolkit uses Integral Time in minutes, which means that you can't just plug those numbers directly. The easiest way to make the system work again is to actually use the new PID algorithm in LabVIEW and retune the controller again. Since you only have a PID controller, you should be able to tune it an no time.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,731 Views)