From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDA executable crashes when displaying chart

Here's a good one - when I run a program that displays a multiple plot chart on my IPAQ that has PocketPC 2003, it crashes when I hide the chart. This happened both when using a tab control and when using the Hide Control VI, but didn't happen when I used a single plot chart. I'm attaching an example VI (in LV 7.1) and the executable built from that VI.

Hello tst,

I have tried running your VI and was able to reproduce the behavior you are seeing. This information has been forwarded on to our R&D team for further investigation and will be resolved in later versions of LabVIEW.

Thank you for the feedback and please let me know if you have anymore questions about this issue.

Regards,

Matt F
Message 2 of 9
(3,463 Views)
While not directly related, here's another one - when hiding a non-visible control (like a control on a seperate page of the tab), the control isn't really hidden and can still be accessed. Also, when unhiding a control, it is immediately displayed on screen, even if it's on another page. I'm attaching an example. Regarding the chart matter, does anyone have a suggestion for displaying a multi-plot chart? The solutions which I don't like include displaying more than one chart and using a graph to simulate the chart. And for my last question - is there a way to display graphics with a color depth of more than 8 bits?

(3,447 Views)
tst,

I have recreated the "hide control" issue and will be reporting it to our department. As for the multi-plot chart, I will need to experiment with this some more. Multi-plot charts on a PDAs can be confusing due to the limited colors and graphics on some models so there may not be a more eloquent way of performing this task.

What type of PDA are you using?

-Brett

NOTE: In the future, it would be best to spawn a new thread for new topics. The way the topics are monitored is complicated if there are multiple topics on old threads.
Message 4 of 9
(3,424 Views)
Thanks Brett, I will next time, but the reason I didn't open a new thread is that from the experience I've had with the PDA module it seems to have much more than one flaw in it (especially in the display department) and asking a seperate question on whether each one has a workaround seems a bit abusive to the forum, plus this thread was new. And yes, I am aware of the bug report tool, but I wanted to see if someone had a workaround. That said, the specific PDA is the HP IPAQ h4150 with Windows CE 4.2.

(3,397 Views)
tst,

Not a problem....I didn't peg you as a forum spammer...just wanted to let you know. Thanks for the PDA info.

Regards,
Brett
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,360 Views)
Hallo
PDA-Modul:

I have the same problems with multi-plots on charts, have you now a workaround for that Problem.
I don't want to use the graph, because all history-Data (vs. X-Scale) plot the graph new.

Thanks for your help
Heiko
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,318 Views)
I eventually used a waveform graph and wrote a simple piece of code that simulates a FIFO of a fixed size using an array, and yes, this way you have to plot all the history data, but it doesn't have to be much. My array has about 20 or 30 data points, which is enough for display on a PDA screen. Like I said, if you don't like it, you can use two single plot charts.

(3,309 Views)
HI

My Problem is to build a bar chart for PDA, but the PDA Modul doesn't support it.
Have you a solution. With slide is not the best solution, because we have no automatic scaling.
I have 4 values between 0 and 500.

thanks
Heiko
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,273 Views)