LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDA aplication

Hi,

I'm building a LabVIEW PDA application that calls functions from a DLL.
If I use a simple LabVIEW PDA project with two buttons (run and exit)
and a string indicator my application works fine.
But I need to use multiple screens and if I add a tab control to my
application and put my controls and indicator in one of the tab control pages,
when I run the function that retrieve me the CString pointer this
process shut down my application.
Anyone could give me some ideas about what is happening?

Regards,
cams.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(16,153 Views)

I too am having problems with Labview PDA with strings making it crash/ freeze/ not run like it's supposed to.  If you can get around using strings completely, I think you will be fine.  There are online docs about switching screens and examples posted as well.  I spent 10 hours today debugging my application (it takes forever to build) and found that when I remove the strings functions, everything is great, but as soon as I have 2 or more string functions, it crashes.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(16,120 Views)
What version of LabVIEW are you using, and what is your OS? Also, what PDA are you using?
Can you post a sample of your code that causes the app to crash on your PDA?

I've written many programs for the PDA and haven't seen this issue yet. I'm using version 8.2 in WinXP.

gb
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(16,113 Views)

Hi everyone,

I totally approve LabViewGuruWannabe: we need some precisions about your problems and needs.

Please post here your configuration information (PDA type, LabVIEW's version, example code, etc.).

So we could reproduce and find a workaround together.

I'm looking forward for your answer.

Thanks,

BRAUD Jean-Philippe
Field Sales Engineer - Nord et Centre France
LabVIEW Certified Developper
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(16,074 Views)
Hi everyone,

I'm using LabVIEW and LabVIEW PDA Module for Windows Mobile version 8.2.1 in Windows XP OS.
The PDA that I'm using is a DELL AXIM X51 with Windows Mobile 5.0.

I want to integrate a RFID reader that returns a string with the ID of the RFID identifier in my LabVIEW application via external code using the seller library.

But like I said when I use a tab control and run the function that sensing the RFID identifier I get a string with the ID but I cannot see it because my PDA aplication shut
down. On another way if I run the same function but the RFID identifier doesn't stay in range this function returns with a timeout and an empty string. In this case my
application continues running ok.

I send you my application code.

Many thanks in advanced.
cams.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(16,047 Views)
Hi Cams,

I've got exactly the same configuration. My PDA is a DELL AXIM 51v.
I loaded your "don't work" project, delete the dll call (because I don't have this dll). Your exe work fine on my PDA!
You could had some tempo into your while loop in order to free thePDA ressources (specialy if you've got some hardware actions in parallel).
Your code is quite linéar so try compile in "serial mode".

If none of this solutions work, have a look to your dll, is this really made for PDA applications ? is this reliable? And, eventually, post here your dll (if it's right-free). Ultimately, call us here if you want to discuss your problem directly.

Regards,
BRAUD Jean-Philippe
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(15,796 Views)

Hi, jp_BRAUD

I'm very interested in talking to you more about my application.

Would it be possible for you contact me directly?

Many thanks in advanced,

cams.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(15,426 Views)
Hi Cams,

Unfortunately, I'm going to left my office for one month. But you can call our french office at : 01 57 66 24 24 and open a phone support with one of my colleagues. Give him(or her) the link to this forum.

Regards,
BRAUD Jean-Philippe
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(15,409 Views)

hi Jean,

how can i create the file path in with browse button in pda? the browse option is not visible..

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,621 Views)

Hello ellappan,

You can try to create a button and programmatically launch the file dialog.

Happy new year!

Mélinda B
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,589 Views)