From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDA File Read/Write with Cluster types

My LabVIEW PDA application (Pocket PC 2003 device) gives an error when I do the following:

On startup/exit, the program reads/writes a configuration file with various parameters needed by the application to be saved from one use to the next. When I bundle just a path, a U16 and a cluster containing two doubles and a I32, there is no problem when reading and writing it to a file on the PDA. When I add another cluster containing some strings and arrays, in addition to some scalar numerics, I get the following message on the PDA when the program is run: "App failed. Error code 130202003. Unable to lock memory chunk."

Any explanation for this, or a workaround?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,048 Views)
Hi Biff,

Are you by any chance using DAQmx Base in your application? Most of the references that I can find to this type of error are using DAQmx Base on the PDA.

NI-DAQmx Base Error 130413003 Unable to Lock Memory Chunk
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/E8E3AA97EA29D7D686256E9000698B3C?OpenDocument

App failed. Error code 271645003. Unable to lock memory chunk
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=250&message.id=6922&requireLogin=False

****The end of this thread might also be useful****
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=81066&requireLogin=False

If none of these suggestions seem to work, post a simplified VI that still exhibits the issue and I'll take a look at it for you. Also, if you do find the solution, please post it here for the community!

Thanks & I hope this helps!
Travis H.
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,031 Views)
The default sequence tunnels don't seem to be the issue.

Now, I'm getting a new, related, error: App failed. Error code 130892003. Unable to lock memory chunk. Does anyone know what this code means? It appears to occur when I unbundle 10 numeric and sting elements from a cluster and use their values to populate 10 front panel indicators.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,020 Views)
Are you trying to bundle clusters of clusters? I have seen where this provides undesired results in the PDA module. Also, a screenshot of your code might be of some use.
Travis H.
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,011 Views)
Here is a screen shot. Thanks for pondering this!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,008 Views)
The picture doesn't show anything incriminating. I would start with a lot of trial and error (doing things in different ways, leaving out certain things, etc) to determine what exactly in your VI is causing the error. Hopefully you will be able to determine a small step where if you do it one way, you get an error and not the other way.

Let me know if you can find anything specific like this that is causing the error!
Travis H.
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,980 Views)