cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe 8361 Drivers

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using currently a NI PCIe 8361 card with a PXIe 1073 chassis for a project, but the NI Max does not recognize neither the PXIe cards in the chassis nor the PCIe card. I do not have the drivers for the PCIe card. Does anyone know where I can find the driver? I was finding in the NI Page but I cant find them.

Thank you in advance.

Bryan Espinoza.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,419 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BryanEspi

From the manual, it looks like you don't have to install any driver:

MXI-Express x1 is based on PCI Express technology, using PCI Express switches and/or bridges to enable control of a PXI or PXI Express chassis from a PC or laptop with an available PCI, PCI Express, or ExpressCard slot. This technology will be recognized as a collection of PCI-to-PCI bridges to the operating system, and should automatically have CompactPCI support without any additional software.

However, it is recommended to install PXI Platform Services as Note in the manual:

For full PXI/PXI Express functionality such as chassis and controller identification, trigger routing, and slot detection, install the PXI Platform Services software included with your kit.

Please refer to this link to identify which version of PXI Platform Services to download, download link is at the end:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/52866/en/

Message 2 of 2
(6,372 Views)