LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-1671UP-AE does not work with my previous working code

Hi everyone,

I made a program that sweeps the frequency of a speaker and makes measurements of light reflecting from a soap film... This program was working perfectly using a PCI GPIB card from NI, the problem was that this card was borrowed. After my own GPIB card arrived (Advantech PCI-1671UP-AE) and I installed the drivers necessary for it I tried the same program and now it gives me an error that says:

"Error -1073807300 occurred at VISA Open in Agilent 33XXX Series.lvlib:Initialize.vi->33120A_Gen_subvi.vi->Free_Standing_Program2.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF003C) Insufficient system resources to perform necessary memory allocation."

For controlling the Agilent frequency generator I am using the example that comes when I install the instrument (Agilent 33120A)... This problem occurs only if I try to change the frequency in a loop, if I just use the example by itself just once it will work fine.

Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,207 Views)

Hi,

The fact that your program works once but not multiple times suggests that you might be performing a Visa Open multiple times without closing. Make sure that you are using the Visa Open and Visa Close functions outside of the loop. Inside the loop, you should be using Visa Read, Visa Write, etc. If you have any Visa Opens or Visa Closes inside your loop, please try to move them outside.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,182 Views)