From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PATTERN MATCHING WITH IMAGES IN DAY AND NIGHT

Hello folks

i am working on a pattern matching example which requires that i compare the live feed from my camera to the image stored in the memory .

the live feed will be taken either in the day light or in the night with some external illumination.

obviously the pattern matching in labview is done with 8 bit images. i was trying whether i can match the reference that i have in daylight with the live feed in the night under external illumination . The answer is NO. 

Further i do not want to make additional reference pics as it slows my pattern matching duartion . 

i was looking for suggestions to accomplish my abovestated task where i have a single reference taken in daylight and it can be used for patten matching with live feed in the noght with a light source. 

i am horribly running short of ideas....

Regards

Jalashwa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,119 Views)

Hi Sindhurakshak,

I have tried to look around for more info. I think it may be due to the light condition, which you provide from the external illumination, may not be correct. Heve you tried your code to do the following (for let's say night under external illumination)?:

1. Acquire the image
  2. Measure histogram
  3. Image to dark? If yes go to the next step if not move to step 5
  4. Increase exposure time of the camera and go back to step 1
  5. Do image processing

Another option would be to increase the exposure time and use a polorized light. From what I know this will reduce the reflections and increase the contrast.

Hope it helps

Warmest regards,

Lennard.C 

Learning new things everyday...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,064 Views)