LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output voltages from function generator not updating

Hello,

I am writing VI that sends a sine signal to an oscilloscope. If I adjust all of the parameters of the basic function generator and run the VI it seems to work, but I would like to be able to actively change the frequency and amplitude while the VI is running. I want to be able to see the changes on my oscilloscope live. The VI "worked" until I found out that I needed to add a Timing VI to my daq AO devices. Once I added the timing VI I could no longer actively change the settings and instantly see those changes on my oscilloscope. My questions are:

1. Am I implementing the start and stop task vi correctly? Im using them inside a for-loop, a few case structures deep.

2. Why am I not able to change the freq,amp, wave-type, etc while the VI runs?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(955 Views)

Hi sak,

@sak0016 wrote:

My questions are:

1. Am I implementing the start and stop task vi correctly? Im using them inside a for-loop, a few case structures deep.

2. Why am I not able to change the freq,amp, wave-type, etc while the VI runs?

1. No. "A few case structures deep" sounds wrong right from the beginning…

2. Did you try to debug your VI? Is this inner case ever called? How long does this missing "Tracking-copy" VI need to execute?

You really should clean up that VI. Go for straight wires. No need to wire the "stop" condition through all the case structures: just connect the stop condition of the loop to the button! The stop button is missing its label.

Why is there an inner case structure in the "Manual mode"==FALSE case? When "Manual"==FALSE then the inner case will ALWAYS be FALSE…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(948 Views)