From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output frequency

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

i am a beginner in working with a CompactRIO system and LabVIEW.

I am working with the cRIO-9035 and the analog output module NI 9264.

In my main project I had some problems to get the filters work correctly. So I tried to get a little test project running, but actual failed.

I am trying to generate a rectangular signal in my host.vi, transfer it to my fpga.vi via a FIFO and then give it out through the analog output module. In the host.vi every thing is working fine. But when I measure the signal which comes out of the module with an oscilloscope, the frequency is completly wrong.

I tried to put the output in a loop and control the time with a loop timer (red box). But this actually didn´t work.

Is there anybody who can say me what I am doing wrong or has some tips for me, what I could try?

Thanks and regards Amay

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,914 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amay01

It would be a lot more beneficial if you attached your entire project (project file and VIs).  There are way too many details hidden here.

But my first red flag is you are not telling the Square Waveform.vi what the sample frequency is.  That needs to match whatever you are trying to output.

The second red flag is all of the coercion dots on the transfer path.  A waveform changing into a U32?  Hopefully that converts correctly.  A U32? to a Fixed Point of who knows what scale is also worrisome.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(1,874 Views)

Thanks crossrulz for your answer!

It seems the missing sample frequency was the problem for the wrong output frequency in this little project.

I thought I was working with the standard values of 1000 as default if I dont give any other information. But apperently this was not the case.

Thanks for the hints regarding the datachanges. I tried to fix that. But I don't now how it is the clean way to write the waveform values into the FIFO. Because I need the values in the FIFO as FXP to be able to give the them out? If I try to use other data types I am not able to transfer the values.

regards amay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,860 Views)

Start by setting your FIFO data type to match the FXP type as the analog output node.  This would eliminate the coercion in the FPGA and I would have more confidence in the auto coercion on the host side then.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,853 Views)