Did you mean: 

Output error.

Solved!
Go to solution

y=0.049~0.51 Output error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,037 Views)

Please put more words into your post so we know what you are concerned about.

All the results are just as I would expect.

Keep in mind that when doing math on floating point numbers, the results may not match exactly what you'd expect if you were doing it on paper.  Not all decimal numbers can be represented exactly in the binary world that computers operate in.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,991 Views)

@167274 wrote:

y=0.049~0.51 Output error.

How can there be an error if you don't even do any error handling.

What number do you enter, what do you get, and what do you expect to get instead?

As has already been said, floating point comparison are not very predictable. What are you trying to do?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,985 Views)

registered 2013, one post, seems fishy

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,967 Views)

Originally that post was in one of the Idea Exchanges.  I asked the moderator to move it out.

I'm not expecting anything fishy other than someone who isn't able to compose a reasonable message to explain their problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,947 Views)

when i think about it .. somehow the title seems appropriate 😄

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
Message 6 of 9
(4,943 Views)

@jwscs wrote:

registered 2013, one post, seems fishy

Lurkers are perfectly welcome here, though 😄

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,938 Views)

The constant(x) compare with a control value(y) the result is x=y. But when use a number(x1) which came from the result of calculator's result, then do comparison with the control value(y). The result is x1<y.The constant(x) compare with a control value(y) the result is x=y. But when use a number(x1) which came from the result of calculator's result, then do comparison with the control value(y). The result is x1<y.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,897 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 167274

Hi number,

yes, your results are expected and "by design" as has been said in message #2 and #3 one month ago…

Please set the formatting of ALL your controls, indicators and constants to show 17 decimal places - and you will see the reason behind your comparison results!

Like I did here:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,893 Views)