LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output a voltage from DAQ LabVIEW

HI all,

Say I had a thermocouple (which isnt overly relevant in this case) that was being read by a DAQ and giving me a temperature every minute (essentially I just have a new number every minute). I was wondering if it was possible to make a LabVIEW VI that would take a number it is given and if this number if above a certain value, output an analogue voltage (doesnt matter if it is the max 10V that the DAQ  9207 i'm using can handle) from a terminal on the DAQ. I have already used several applications taking readings through a DAQ (taking inputs and reading them through DAQ assistant), although I have never tried to output anything through a terminal on the DAQ previously. I was wondering if this is possible, and if so how I could do it. Any example VI's of outputting a voltage through the DAQ given a condition is fulfilled would be excellent and greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,712 Views)

Yes - it is absolutely possible.

Have you tried looking at some of the DAQmx examples in the example finder - there will be examples that show how to output on the DAQ (essentially using a DAQmx write node with a value - it's very similar to a read). You will end up with two separate tasks - one for the input and one for the output.

Some simple logic (greater / less) will allow you to compare your read value and 'select' (hint hint) the value to write to the DAQ.

Look at the examples, have a go and if you get stuck then post your attempt here and we'll try to help you find out what's wrong.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,701 Views)