LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our TCP/

IP Server sent a 8 binary bytes (a float number) and from our TCP/IP Client, we try to convert it back into a float number ... but failed. We did try to use the same sample in com./TCP/IP also use type cast but failed the same! Some one can help us? ThanksI did try to use samples of LabView/communication/TCP-IP (Client) plus used "type cast" ... all did not work! Any one try like me before and succeed?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,387 Views)
IP Server sent a 8 binary bytes (a float number) and from our TCP/IP Client, we try to convert it back into a float number ... but failed. We did try to use the same sample in com./TCP/IP also use type cast but failed the same! Some one can help us? ThanksFrom the VI you have posted previously, we can see that:
1. A command is sent to the server.
2. You read 8 bytes and cast them to a four bytes I32, discarding 4 bytes. That is odd. What does the server send after in reply to that command?
3. You read the number of bytes from the I32 on step 2. This number of bytes must be at least 8 bytes but from the diagram we can't say.
3. You cast the output to a double.

If you say that the server returns 8 bytes after the command, you should typecast the output from the first read to a double. If not, please explain the data format returned by the server so we can help you further.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 2 of 3
(2,387 Views)
IP Server sent a 8 binary bytes (a float number) and from our TCP/IP Client, we try to convert it back into a float number ... but failed. We did try to use the same sample in com./TCP/IP also use type cast but failed the same! Some one can help us? ThanksThank you for your opnion, I solved my problem perfectly --> type cast set with double, output double!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,387 Views)