LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizing a search for duplicate files in a filesystem

Well crashing is bad. I don't want to hijack your thread but can you give details on what version you have and the steps taken to crash?

Also the data type of the read changes to the type you provide. If nothing is provided it tries to predict the type. Did you wire the wrong type to it,
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(647 Views)

tst,

Of course I can find another program to do it... but that is not nearly as much fun 🙂

Hooovahh,

After 5 minutes of playing with it, I was unable to replicate the crash. It happened after wiring a cluster (double, string) in to the "read" vi as data type, and then creating an indicator of that cluster. But it seems to work fine now! It just as easily could have been a LV problem - I'd just installed your package.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(630 Views)

@BowenM wrote:

But it seems to work fine now! It just as easily could have been a LV problem - I'd just installed your package.

So this is one of the reasons I think about avoiding XNodes.  As soon as there is any problem, the XNode will be blamed as the reason.  To be fair it could be the cause of the problem, but it will automatically be the first thing suggested.  Glad it is working for you now.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(626 Views)

Why don't you try Duplicate Files Deleter? It will do a thorough search of your hard disk and find out the two or more duplicate files of the same file which may be stored at different locations. It will give you a comprehensive list of all those files and you can decide for yourself what you want to do with them. It's easy to use. Hope it will help you.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(460 Views)