From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Multiple TCP Ports for a Single VI

Hey all,

I'm using a program that requires me to open multiple TCP ports in a single VI at once. I know how to open a singular TCP port, but I don't know how to open any more than one at a time. For this program I need to open TCP ports 50040, 50041 and 50042 all at the same time.

Any advice would be great.

-Cpraz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,182 Views)

Is there a reason you can't drop 3 instances of TCP Open on the same block diagram?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,172 Views)

Thats currently what I have. However, I get an error for whichever ports I haven't specified in the VI server under tool>options.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,157 Views)

Is your VI acting as a client, or a server? If you're accepting connections on those ports (VI is a server), then you need to use the TCP Listener functions. If your VI is acting as a client, then normally the outgoing port number is selected for you automatically.

It sounds like you're expecting your VI to act as a server, but you're using the TCP Open function, which establishes a connection to a remote machine rather than waiting for an incoming connection, like a client. By setting the VI Server port number in Options, you're telling LabVIEW to act as a server (and accept incoming connections) on that port, but then you have no control over that port - it expects to send VI Server data, and not the data that your code sends. If your VI is going to act as a server, you cannot have VI Server open the ports that you want to use, because you'll get an error - only one application (or in this case, part of an application) can listen on a port at a time.

If I haven't described your problem correctly, please upload your code and the text of the error that occurs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,142 Views)

I don't know what changed, but this morning this wasn't a problem anymore! Thanks for the help though.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,111 Views)