LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening LLB in Windows Explorer and multiple user accounts

I have installed LABVIEW 7.0 under the Administrator account and have developed programs using this account. All works well as I can open and view *.LLB files in Windows Explorer. I now want to connect this PC to a network and log in using a network user account. A new profile has been created for this network user account. Now the opening and viewing of *.LLB file does not work although it is checked in Tool-> Options -> what's new in Labview 7.0 page.

When I view the properties for the *.LLB file it is not associated with LABVIEW or any such program, other than itself. It is showing a text icon and will not allow me to view its contents using Windows Explorer. I can open the file and see the contents when I open LABVIEW.

This option works on other PC's and I do not understand why this PC in question does not work. How can I manually set up the link for Windows Explorer to open and view *.LLB files ?

Any suggestions welcome
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,974 Views)
This is probably a registry setting for windows explorer itself. If this is so, the option was probably enabled in the administrator account but not in the others. You can try searching the registry for LLB and see if you come up with anything. Obviously, you should be careful when messing with the registry... blah blah blah...

(1,969 Views)