From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open unknown binary file structure and save to TDMS

Hi!

I am trying to recover some data acquired in my lab a few years ago using LabVIEW 8. I am able to read the ".BIN" file but I don't know the full structure of the data. I know the following:

* it has both string and numerical values.

* the beginning of the file should have, date of acquisition and scan rate

* the array is composed of at least 4 columns

* The array should have, time data and waveform data

I have the following files: 

* Old .vi file -> unable to open, I assume is due to LV8 requirement which I don't have

* Old .exe file with dependency runtime LV 8 -> I was able to open them but they don't provide much information on the structure of the file

* Bin files

* partial data stored in a txt file

I was wondering if there is any recommendation on how to proceed to fully recover this dataset 

Here is a screenshot of the hex file 

jesusdpa1_0-1684962968685.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(632 Views)

You can't open it because there is an issue with a dll inside of it.  At least that's what it says when I try to open it (with LV2018).  If you don't know the data structure then you are reduced to guessing.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(616 Views)

Thanks Bill

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(520 Views)