Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open an Acrobat PDF file from LabView 6.1

I need this for LabView 6.1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,558 Views)
Here's a simple way to do open an acrobat file. You might need to adjust the program path, depending on where acrobat reader is installed (or you could probably get this information programmatically from the registry).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,557 Views)
I think you can use a adobe acrobat control in your front panel, you can reference activex.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,557 Views)
dem wrote:

> I need this for LabView 6.1

Another idea is to checkout the VI at
directory>/help/_browser.llb/Open Acrobat Manual.vi

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,557 Views)
Hi Dem,
Here's an example that is designed to show how you can open an Adobe Acrobat PDF file inside of LabVIEW. This VI uses the Adobe Acrobat Control for ActiveX to open, view, and close an Adobe Acrobat PDF inside of LabVIEW. The VI uses the ActiveX Container, introduced in LabVIEW 6.1, to provide a container for the Acrobat PDF.

The Adobe Acrobat Control for ActiveX ships with the Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4.0 and above. Therefore, the Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4.0 or above must be installed for this example to work properly.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Feroz
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,560 Views)
this vi nee a pass word?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,557 Views)
ken.wan wrote:

> this vi nee a pass word?

Didn't in LabVIEW 6.1 as far I can say and that version seemed to work fine.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,557 Views)
I want to open the Adobe Acrobat Reader with the selected file.
I don't want the file to be show in Labview.
What I need to change in the Vi?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,495 Views)
Instead of using this VI, use the system exec VI from the communications palette. Wire a string that looks like "c:\program files\Adobe\...\readerexe.exe mypdf.pdf" into the command line input, where the directory is that of the adobe reader executable and mypdf is the path to your file. The space is important.

(4,489 Views)
You can try this VI or you can at least see how it was done. It uses the system exec.VI
Modify it as you need to. it was built in labview 7.0 and I tried saving it to version 6.1 but I got a lot of errors but you can try it anyway.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,480 Views)