LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open a VI SubPanel in a compiled LabVIEW application

I'm currently creating an application which is using VI's SubPanel. This application will eventualy be compiled. And the end user will only have the run time engine to use this application. Will the end user still be able to open the *.VI file in a SubPanel? Even if he doesn't have the development environment...

Thanks

Nitrof
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,612 Views)
Yes.
The easiest way to do this is in the VI setup of the sub-VI.
From the File menu on the sub-VI, goto VI Properties >> Category >> Window Appearance >> Customize, then select Show Front Panel When Called and Close Afterwards If Originally Closed.
If you don't want to do this for all instances of the sub-VI, then setup the sub-VI node in the calling VI. On the diagram of the calling VI, right-click on the sub-VI and select SubVI Node Setup, then select Show Front Panel When Called and Close Afterwards If Originally Closed.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,612 Views)
No one can open a VI in a built application. Why would you want a user to manually open a subVI? Your top level program should be doing all of the running of subVIs. Put a button on the front panel or add a menu item to run and display a subVI.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,612 Views)
I found the answer to my question. The support from NI created the example attached to this question. The example is an executable that only need the LabVIEW 7.0 RunTimeEngine and can open a VI Panel in it's SubPanel Display, the chart.VI file. And this even if the user doesn't have the LabVIEW development environment.

Special thaks to Jeremy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,612 Views)