LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open NISE session without changing the current state of the switches

I have a LabView GUI that, in addition to other functions, controls a PXIe-2569 SPST. It uses "niSE Open Session.vi" at initialization to obtain a reference to the NISE session. The issue is that every time the GUI is restarted the "niSE Open Session.vi" causes all the switches to open. The system engineers that use the GUI often will want to stop and restart the GUI but they do not want the switch settings of the SPST to be volatile since this affects the operation of the DUT/UUT and can even cause it to reboot (as some of the switches are intentionally used to control power on sequences). Is there a way to open an NISE session to the card but not have it open all its switches? Even if I were to save the last config and reload it at initialization the momentary change in switch settings would still be detected by the DUT/UUT. The "niSE Open Session.vi" subvi has an option string but I have not found any specific information on what options are actually available. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(663 Views)

I have a similar problem but the main issue I have is on first call (and ONLY on first call) to niSE Open Session.vi, it takes 60 seconds to create the handle/session no matter if the Virtual Device has only 1 device with 16 channels/route groups or many devices with several hundred channels or route groups.

In other words it takes the same exact 60 seconds no matter how many channels/route groups are activated.

But on subsequent calls to the same virtual device, even though I use the niSE Close Session.vi, it only takes about 30 seconds.

An then on other subsequent calls, if I DO NOT use the niSE Close Session.vi, it only takes about 1 second to get a session.

Why?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(457 Views)

@mikethemartian wrote:

I have a LabView GUI that, in addition to other functions, controls a PXIe-2569 SPST. It uses "niSE Open Session.vi" at initialization to obtain a reference to the NISE session. The issue is that every time the GUI is restarted the "niSE Open Session.vi" causes all the switches to open. The system engineers that use the GUI often will want to stop and restart the GUI but they do not want the switch settings of the SPST to be volatile since this affects the operation of the DUT/UUT and can even cause it to reboot (as some of the switches are intentionally used to control power on sequences). Is there a way to open an NISE session to the card but not have it open all its switches? Even if I were to save the last config and reload it at initialization the momentary change in switch settings would still be detected by the DUT/UUT. The "niSE Open Session.vi" subvi has an option string but I have not found any specific information on what options are actually available. Thanks.

I have the same problem.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(448 Views)

I am also encountering this situation. Is this the intended design? So I need to just create a subVI that maintains an open niSE session at all times so that I can close and open relays without resetting others?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(412 Views)