LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Local HTML Doc within vi

I am trying to open a local html document with in a vi. I am using an activex web broser and I keep getting a script error. If I open the document within IE it works fine. I've attached the html code. Maybe someone can help me open this file within a vi.
change the extension on the attached file to .html
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,414 Views)
I can not open your html file with IE
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,406 Views)

Try the Report Generation.....HTML Reports Only.....Open HTML report in Browser.

Works for me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,401 Views)

Sorry,

unzip the files below into a folder and open it from there.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,400 Views)
I tried that. It opens the html code in another window. I need to embed this html code into my vi.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,399 Views)

I think you need the internet address to which the html is link to.

Do you know it ?

(It should be a way to find out myself, although i don't know it)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,363 Views)

@Pnt wrote:

I think you need the internet address to which the html is link to.

I don't completely understand what this is supposed to mean. That information is already in the HTML code. For instance, the <script> tags indicate the source for some of the JavaScript.

As for the issue at hand, I get scirpt error when I load the page in IE, so I don't believe the problem is with LabVIEW, but rather with the JavaScript. My JavaScript is fairly poor. However, the lines
    var cf = document.forms[0];
    var vs = document.getElementById("v_play");
do not actually create valid values for those variables. If you put a couple of alert statements to see the values you will see they are null. There also seems to be a chunk of code that's sitting between the set_Video and dw functions all by itself.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,350 Views)
I seem to get a script error in IE but not in Firefox. Is there a plugin I'm missing for IE?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,348 Views)
I don't know if this is the same as your using, but the attached code works for me.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,336 Views)
That is pretty much the same code I have. If I try and use your code to open my html file, I get a script error. If I open the script using firefox it works. If I open it useing IE , script error!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,333 Views)