LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open EXCEL at Runtime

Thank you so much for your help.

Now I'm doing the same way.  But when I'm closing the File by Hand then its loosing reference (as you mentioned).

Generally user wants to see the report at Run time (for sometime) after that may be he will close (its depends on User to User).

I think RGT will support because we are not deleting the File so, it should hold Reference upto End time.

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 22
(286 Views)

@Munna232 wrote:

Thank you so much for your help.

Now I'm doing the same way.  But when I'm closing the File by Hand then its loosing reference (as you mentioned).

Generally user wants to see the report at Run time (for sometime) after that may be he will close (its depends on User to User).

I think RGT will support because we are not deleting the File so, it should hold Reference upto End time.

Well, as I mentioned (and as should make sense logically), if too many entities start messing with an Excel data file, opening and closing it independently, then you can't be sure that the data will be intact!  We use Excel to control an experiment protocol -- the rows determine the sequence of movement, lights, and sounds during an experimental trial, and the results are saved in the same rows.  We use a dual-monitor system, with one monitor devoted to showiing the Excel Workbook.  The users know that they must not close Excel, otherwise the data will be lost and the program will probably crash.

As I noted in an earlier post, there is a "feature" (that I consider a "bug") that if LabVIEW has opened an Excel Report, has written to it, and then wants to "Save File" and end the program, if the User has manually closed the file before LabVIEW tries to do the Save, LabVIEW will simply delete the closed file!  There is a way to detect this, I think, but better to tell your users DO NOT CLOSE THE EXCEL FILE YOURSELF, let LabVIEW do it!

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 22
(278 Views)