LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older version ofControl design and simulation module

Hi,

I have colege licenced Labview2015 which will end ons September 2020 (Labview Professional Development System). I have labview 2015, because college used up to last year that version. This year I need to do some simulations (PID controller), and simulation is not included in Labview2015. On NI.com website there is an option to download it, but the link is grey for me due to I am not "active standard service program (SSP) membership!"

(Previous versions are available only to customers with an active standard service program (SSP) membership. Purchase or renew SSP to access locked versions.)

The only version 2019 is available to download for me.

I do not wish to reinstall labview to version 2019 just due to simulation. Is there any other way hot to add the Control design and simulation module 2015.

Q1:

Can somebody here with SSP membership download it for me, share the link on e.g. google drive  and I would download it from there?  Or it will not work that way?

It will take me half day to download labview 2019 and reinstall it and install Control design and simulation module. I wish to avoid that.

I have remote access to college computer with labview which has a Control design and simulation module, but doing simulations remotely is not very practical, specially when connection drops.

Thank you all for help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,038 Views)

I would hope that no-one on this Forum would violate NI's Licensing by agreeing to your (not-exactly-legal) request, particularly when you have a legal (perhaps with a long download) solution that you already outlined for yourself.

As it happened, yesterday I did an installation of LabVIEW 2019 "from the Web" on a machine that had no NI software installed.  It took (I'm estimating here) between 2 and 3 hours.  You don't "download everything, then install", rather you "download the installer, tell it what you want, then it downloads just what you need and installs it".

Note that you should install the minimum system that you'll need.  If you install 7 toolkits/modules and 6 Device Drivers, it will be much slower than, say, 2 modules and 3 drivers.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,008 Views)

If my request is License violating, then I do not want to ask anyone to do that.

I thought, once you have the license number, it does not matter.

Then only option will be to download Labview2019. 😞

Thanks for answer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,987 Views)

I have downloaded Labview 2019. It took about 5 hours.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,946 Views)