LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old stuff (LV6.0)

Hi everyone,
Former user of LabVIEW (5.1 - 6.0 & 6.1) (years 2000), I try to modify a program written at that time, still running (on FieldPoint hardware !).

I'm going back to the training courses (time flies :(), and I'd like to take over LabVIEW Basics 2. Now, I need a program called "lvb2sw.exe", which I can no longer recover (even at NI!). Would anyone still have a copy?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,101 Views)

Hi PMA,

I try to modify a program written at that time,

When you want to modify those old program than you need the VIs and the very same old LabVIEW version you used at that time!

I need a program called "lvb2sw.exe", which I can no longer recover (even at NI!).

Do you know what that EXE is good for?

Is it an EXE made by you (as its filename is "unfamiliar")?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,087 Views)

Hello GerdW,

I've got all the configuration used at that time ! I can open the VI with the LabVIEW 6 running on an W2000 PC ! 🙂

The program "lvb2sw.exe" was provided by NI for the formation on LabVIEW Basics 2. It contains a library (*.llb) and the correction of some exercices/problems given during the lessons.

As I want to modify the program, I'm trying to remember how it used to work ! (I've done LabVIEW Basics 1).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,079 Views)

Hi PMA,

even NI doesn't have access to those old data of their own?

Don't they use some SSC tools? 😄

Good luck on your journey when trying to find those old training material!

Don't you think you can do the training with modern resources and adapt the learned knowledge to your old LV6 project? Wasn't there any books coming with LabVIEW at that time? (Or was LV6 the first version without books?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,075 Views)

Hi GerdW,

No, even NI can't help me 😞 I've made a request, but it's too old. They suggest me to use the forum.

I've got the book dedicated to LV6, it's the 'floppy' which is missing. The program is just to make the exercices...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,060 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi PMA,

even NI doesn't have access to those old data of their own?

Don't they use some SSC tools? 😄

Good luck on your journey when trying to find those old training material!

Don't you think you can do the training with modern resources and adapt the learned knowledge to your old LV6 project? Wasn't there any books coming with LabVIEW at that time? (Or was LV6 the first version without books?)

No, it was the LAST version that shipped on floppies.7.0 shipped on cd.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,027 Views)