Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Help window in LabVIEW 2022?

@Frozen wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Seredipity!

I was looking at my Laptop while posting via mobile when my eye caught this

2022 should be installing this bat now.PNG

What version of LV are you installing... it is not evident it above image.

LabVIEW and Drivers 2022 Q3 64-bit English

via NIPM downloaded yesterday.  Also support back to 2018. Total @ 140 products.  Install has been running about 14 hrs with a rest at one point.

Keep in mind I show 459 installed products.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 65
(4,144 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@Frozen wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Seredipity!

via NIPM downloaded yesterday.  Also support back to 2018. Total @ 140 products.  Install has been running about 14 hrs with a rest at one point.

Do you think automatic manual download was added to the stream?  maybe the iso install has no such option?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 65
(4,123 Views)

@billko wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

@Frozen wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Seredipity!

Do you think automatic manual download was added to the stream?  maybe the iso install has no such option?

No

Look what 

I found after install finished

CCapture.PNG
So, of course I ran that new exe and saw this

Capture.png

With the checkbox selected by default

Unchecking it, Launching LabVIEW 2022 Q3 and opening the detailed help for a For Loop (after a coffee break I assume some 1x init was done) got me here

0Capture.PNG

Message 13 of 65
(4,116 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@billko wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

@Frozen wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Seredipity!

No

Look what 

CCapture.PNG

Capture.png

Nice find!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Message 14 of 65
(4,112 Views)

You missed the big yellow button with the star in it Bill

Message 15 of 65
(4,104 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

You missed the big yellow button with the star in it Bill

Honestly I thought I did that.  I'm never shy about hitting that button.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 65
(4,094 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Look what 

CCapture.PNG

Capture.png

Thanks for finding that option. Strange its in an entirely different app, but I guess it applies globally to all NI products. A prompt when first launching the help from LabVIEW (or a supported product) to either go online or offline would've been better, but I'm just a LabVIEW user, not a UX Engineer  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Out of interest, can the new offline help directly open example VIs like the old chm help?

MichaelBalzer_0-1661321967082.png

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 65
(4,044 Views)

Thanks, that works.

Still hate the new Help format, and my feelings towards it are not helped by the fact that it now takes nearly 30 s to open the help of an item.

Message 18 of 65
(4,004 Views)
Really speechless, NI's innovation is doing this? That's why I rarely update Labview, the more I update the less user-friendly.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 65
(3,956 Views)

Hi,

You may have noticed that over the summer, all of our product documentation is now available online at ni.com/docs In LabVIEW 2022 Q3, we are starting the transition of our in-product documentation to use our new online (and offline!) help systems. By default, products will send you to the new online documentation portal when you click a help link. However, we recognize that many systems are not internet connected, so we also install a copy of the help content locally on the system. LabVIEW will automatically re-direct help links to the offline help viewer when needed so there is nothing that you need to do. Just click the "more help" link in LabVIEW, and you will be taken to the most recent help available online (or the offline viewer will launch if necessary).

If you want to always launch the offline viewer, you can set that in the NI Help Preferences application.

There are several reasons we are making this change to our documentation experience. First, we want a consistent help experience between NI products, so while currently only LabVIEW Core has been migrated, in the coming releases we will migrate the remaining toolkits and modules, and other NI products will also use this system. Second, as some of you already noted, the existing CHM technology is outdated, has limited functionality, and is difficult to maintain.

As this is the first release of this new system, there are some limitations and kinks which we will work through in upcoming releases. Please let me know if you have any feedback!

Thanks,

Salvador Santolucito Chief Product Manager, NI

Message 20 of 65
(3,926 Views)