LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Description of Some Silver Buttons

Hello X,

Did the odd descriptions for the Description and Tip start upon installation or have you been using LabVIEW 2013 SP1 for some time and this just started?

If this just started, what changed between first installation and when the problem started occuring?

Best,

L.Davis

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(725 Views)

I have been using it since it was released.

The only thing I could suspect is my editing of the ini file to rearrance the projects showing up in the GSW, but I used Notepad for that and no funky characters was added (that's assuming the ini file could have anything to do with it).

I have installed and uninstalled a few packages using VIPM but nothing out of the ordinary.

Since it is limited to the silver palette, I hoped that could suggest some reason for the corruption.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(710 Views)

Rename your .ini file to something else.  When LabVIEW can't find it upon opening, it should create a new one.

Close out and restart LabVIEW to see if you still have a problem.  (Later you can delete and restore your original .ini file if it turns out that wasn't the problem.)

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(699 Views)

Nope. Not an ini file problem after all.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(663 Views)

Hmm. I wonder whether this could be the G# toolkit I installed?

I struggled for a while to understand why my conpane defaulted to some weird pattern and no modification of the ini file would solve the problem, until I found out that G# was overriding that ini setting.

Anyone with G# installed noticed the weird silver control Description?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(646 Views)