From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocr string not printing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone. I'm trying to create a VI that loads an image and prints the string result. What I have is currently not working when I put the correct training set and image file paths. I've tried including a rectangular ROI wired to the ROI descriptor terminal of the OCR, but even then my result is a dash instead of text. Most online tutorials using OCR to print the string result use a camera to acquire images while I only want to load an image and have it tell me the text on the screen. Testocr.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,545 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chris1245

ocr Snippet.png

Try this snippet, first you'll need your train set, you can train you OCR using Vision Assistant, the ROI Descriptor cluster describes the regions of your image to search for text.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,503 Views)

I forgot to say, this code was made by Vision Assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,500 Views)

Thanks! I'm trying to replicate this snippet but I'm unfamiliar with some of the functions. Is there a link to this code so I can see what they are called and try it out with my character set file and image?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,466 Views)