LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocean Optics USB4000 Spectrometer

Hi Jason,

I managed to get some help from an OO engineer, to get the VI running in a multithreading way, and it works. Attached is his email.

I will try the VISA for direct communication with the spectrometers at a later stage, when I can free my hands from the current job.

Thanks for your kind helps.

Best,

Bin

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 277
(5,810 Views)

Hi Bin,

Glad to hear you got things running! 

I wasn't aware you had access to the OmniDriver - had I known, I could have told you about the reentrant setting (I ran into the same thing about a year ago).  We actually use the OmniDriver for our commerical products, and we're reasonably happy with it.  The VISA approach allows better error handling, but is otherwise equivalent. 

Jason

Message 72 of 277
(5,803 Views)

Jason,

Thanks so much for writing! This looks great. I am about to embark on the same quest. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks easy to follow.

Max

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 277
(5,740 Views)

Hi Mario,

This is Tim, I'm new to using this Bboard, so please pardon me if I'm not using proper netiquette by contacting you directly through this site. I have a question for you that given your comments to others, would be most helpful to me if you could answer. I'm in the midst of starting up a research group and I want to use a linear CCD array in an OOptics spectrometer (USB2000+). However this project might be kind of wild since I want to acquire small changes in intensity pixel by pixel, as I electrooptically modulate the refractive index of a polymer film. In the past, I've performed this experiment by scanning a spectrometer and demondulating the output of a photodiode detector using a lockin amplifier. The disadvantage to this setup was that I had to scan the monochromator to acquire a spectrum which took between 4 and 10 minutes. In the new experimental setup, I want to use a linear array detector, which in my mind is the same as an array of photodiode detectors working in parallel to simultaneously collect the spectrum. Using this setup, I can acquire several hundred spectra in the 4+ minutes it took to acquire a spectrum using the previous setup.

I have the OMNIdriver+SPAM software from OOptics and understand how to get a spectrum from the CCD, but I want to read the voltage of each pixel in realtime, feed the voltage trace into LabVIEW virtual lockin and demodulate the very small amplitude (microvolt) changes that occur across the spectrum of the polymer. Any thoughts on doing this?

Best,

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 74 of 277
(5,700 Views)

Hi Sundar,

Could you please tell how you have made the communication between Labview and USB2000. Which Vis have you used? thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 277
(5,661 Views)

Hi Tim

Sorry for not responding sooner. Unfortunately we mostly care about wavelength position and relative amplitudes ( dont really care about absolute intensity) so I cant respond properly to your specific needs.

I suggest you contact the vendor and ask to speak with Ricardo and if he is not available ask for James Gass. They were both very helpful to me when I first contacted them about the OmniDriver. I would be surprised if they are not able to answer your questions.

Mario 

Ricardo Nobara De La Torre
Electrical Engineer, OEM
Ocean Optics, Inc.
Phone: (727) 733-2447 
Fax: (727) 733-3962
www.oceanoptics.com

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 277
(5,656 Views)

Hi ,

I havent used the any of the VI`s that was supplied with OO ,

they were  not able to handle errors efficiently.

hence I used the OMNI Driver and SPAM Drivers & wrote 

my own drivers .

You could find my sample VI`s on this same thread on this link.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=258992&view=by_date_ascending&page=6

Also find Jason`s comments on building sample USB communication Drivers with OO device commands.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=258992&view=by_date_ascending&page=7

Sundar.

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 277
(5,641 Views)

We are currently developing a LabVIEW Plug & Play Driver for Ocean Optics USB4000, USB2000+, USB2000, HR4000, HR2000+ and HR2000. The driver will be released this month so check IDnet for updates.

Thanks,

Alvin T

Message 78 of 277
(5,297 Views)

Alvin:

Are there plans for a driver for the new Ocean Oprics Maya UV spectrometer?

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 79 of 277
(5,270 Views)

AK2DM,

I have looked at the programming manual for MAYA2000 and MAYA2000 Pro (they are they only MAYA I could find) and I think we could certainly look into supporting them in this driver. 

AlvinT

Message 80 of 277
(5,263 Views)