LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining data from line on graph - Is this possible?

I made a very simple .VI to explain what I'm trying to do. Please take a look at the two images below.

Task: Fill in the data along the line.

The Amplitude Arrays on the left create two points 0 and 10 to plot a line on the graph.

The Time Arrays on the bottom of the image create the two points 0 - 10 to give time to the graph,

screenshot_2022.jpg

When the line is generated between the two points I want the .VI to generate x number of points along that line and send them to a second string.

Is this possible?

Thank you for any advice or help!

Mike

screenshot_2024.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(3,430 Views)

There could be some math functions which can do it simple(I'm not aware sorry)

-What you can do is increment the x0+(delta x) until it reaches x1 use the same logic for Y and build the array.

-If you have IMAQ you can use this http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281U-01/imaqvision/imaq_getpointsonline/

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(3,408 Views)

Thank you!

Will investigate and report back any progress.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(3,405 Views)

One more quick suggestion: I see that you are using two slide controls(One for min and max?) You can add for the same Slide control extra slide by Right Click Add Slider

-Ref: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/10A18F448A1A524186257904005D0ECC

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(3,397 Views)

Will work on the sliders.

I found help on the XScale, Multiplier. Trying to find out how to implement that.

It takes a big picture view of LabView to make the simplest of .VI work. Fun but very hard. Help from this Forum is great!

screenshot_2025.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(3,390 Views)

Will get back after I work it all out.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(3,385 Views)

Mike,

Being that your XY graph is time based it could be beneficial to use waveforms instead of discreet X and Y points if you can. That way you could use the "Get XY Value" VI from the waveform palette. If your data does not have an equal delta t between points it is a little harder to turn into a waveform but it is still possible using the "Create Limit Specification VI". The snip below shows how you could do that if your delta t's aren't constant in your XY data. If you end up wanting to go down this road let me know, I can answer any more questions you might have about this approach.

Another approach would be to simply truncate your data set every "x" number of values if you know how many values you are going to be charting.

XY to Wfm.png

EDIT: Ignore the "plus 0"....it was left over from some experimenting I was doing.

Corey Rotunno

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(3,375 Views)

I'm on it, will learn and make this work!

Many thanks!

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(3,356 Views)

This is a little too advanced for me. I can't even find what is shown. Investigating.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(3,353 Views)