LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaing serial number of madules in NI chassis 9144

Hi All,

As part of my task i have to get serial numbers of modules in chassis NI 9144. I am new to all that I am working with, it may be EtherCAT, NI modules and Chasis, LabVIEW, ENI files, Ackermann tool etc. So seeking help here.

Starting up with my problem. I have 2 modules slotted into NI 9144 with suitable inputs provided. Using ENI file which i configured from EC Engineer tool(Online configuration) i have to read my channels and display it to user in windows mode. This part of task is succesfully completed. Now another requirement of my task is to obtain serial number of this modules. where i am facing difficulty, i am able to obtain topology of slave NI 9144 using EtherCAT query topology fucntion but extracting serial number of modules from this is a kind of problem. Could anyone please suggest me how can i get serial number of modules? I have attache my ci for your reference.

Note:  Please do suggest me any documents or website where i can start up my basics in above mentioned topics. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,804 Views)

If you want to get the model/serial numbers of all of the modules connected to a particular chassis, you will need to either:

a) Adapt your FPGA VI to read out the module properties from each module. You have to have a module configured in a particular slot to read it's model/serial number (but it could be populated with a 'dummy' module which you don't use in your application)

b) Download/run another FPGA bitfile which gets the module configuration and returns it and then you load your application FPGA bitfile onto it afterwards

For option a), you can place an FPGA property node for each module onto your FPGA VI.

For option b), there is a library here which can help you: http://www.ni.com/example/51852/en/

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,782 Views)