From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtain vi from exe

Solved!
Go to solution

altenbach escribió:

@Jorgais wrote:

I had tried recover the file with a program called "restoration" and i found it but now is damaged, when i try to open it with labview appears me the next message "file is not a resource file" any suggestion to repair it? anyway i am working again in a new VI. 

Just looking at the contents of that file it has very little to do with a VI and contains all kinds of garbage instead.

Do you have a link to that "restoration" program? Are you sure it is legitimate and not some malware?

http://download.cnet.com/Restoration/3000-2094_4-10322950.html

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,912 Views)

Just from looking at the "cnet" on the link, I can tell you there's a very fat chance said software is, at best fake, at worst malware. Cnet has a pretty terrible reputation for filling their victims' computers with malware and worst, if the file was recoverable at some point, the software almost certainly damaged it beyond repair. Best choice would be looking at diagram with debug (if possible) and recreate from there.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,907 Views)

Thanks for the link. So this is just a generic uneraser, not anything specific to VIs or LabVIEW. These rely on the assumption that the relevant disk area has not been re-used, so the chances of recovery drop significantly with time, how full the disk is, defragmentation activity, encryption, and such. I guess you are out of luck.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,875 Views)