LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objective question book for certification

Hi,
I was preparing for my first level certification CLAD. I wanted to know if there is any book on the objective questions . I have already cleared the fundamental test at ni.com. I am looking for more practise.

Anyone who has given the test or plan to give one, please post some ways of preparing for the exam.

Also how hard it is ?
Any special tips for 2006 exam?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am preparing for the exam by reading basic I and Basic II books.
I have given couple of fundamental tests on the NI website.
Also I keep reading and answering  NI discussion posts to check on my knowledge about Labview.

Any other material that would be helpful in clearing the exam.

Also according to certification FAQs the passing percentage is 70% whereas the fundamental test results will declare you Pass only when you score more than 80 %.

What is actually the passing percentage for the exam?

Regards
CLAD
Using Labview 5.1,6.1,7.1.8.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,131 Views)

Passing the test myself you are required by NI not to disclose any information so where do I start?  If you have been using LabVIEW for at least a year you should be fine.  The test is constantly changing so even if I were to tell you what to study it may be all different.  I guess the best advice would be able to inspect code without running it and know what LabVIEW result will be.  If you are comfortable with loops and shift registers and understand what the result of the code wold be then you should do OK.  I know the questions was what books would help the most.  I just looked at the LabVIEW manual and managed to do fine.  Another tip would to be study the things that you typically don't use or how it is implemented.  A book will help you to a point but you need to be comfortable with LabVIEW and its wide functionality.

Does this help?

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
Message 2 of 7
(3,121 Views)

Thanks , yes it does help.

you have given a very good point of knowing the results even without running it.

I shall practise that more.

Thanks for the info.

Regards

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,116 Views)

Good Luck and don't overthink think it.  Let your experience guide you to the correct answer.  Use the Force!

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,112 Views)
This question gets asked a lot on this board. You should perform a search on this board and you'll run across several responses to this question, as well as sample questions that others have posted.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,097 Views)

"Also according to certification FAQs the passing percentage is 70% whereas the fundamental test results will declare you Pass only when you score more than 80 %"

Anyone who can tell me what is the actual passing percentage??

Would be reallu grateful

Regards

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,087 Views)
Since they printed this on the paper I was allowed to take out of the testing site, I believe I am safe in letting you know the 70% pass is the correct one.
-Tim

Data Science Automation

CTA, CLA, CLED
SHAZAM!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,064 Views)