LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC communication via DataSocket--> how to notice a bad physical network connection

I use a OPCserver for machine communication. I´ve no DSC module in my LabVIEW 8.5 version.

If I open the network connection e.g. cut the cable, I get no information for a bad connection. The opc server has a information for the bad connection, but I could get this information into my LabVIEW project.

I find no way to do it with Frontpanel Datasocket or the Datasocket VIs. Now I use a Watchdog Bit to find it, but I want to have an detailed information, if I´ve a problem with the connection.

How could I detect a bad TCP/IP connection with Datasocket VIs via a OPC server

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,428 Views)

Hello,

The DataSocket Read.vi has an output "Quality" where you can read you if there is a problem or not.

It gives you the information if it is a generic OPC error, server failure,....

Regards

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,407 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,397 Views)

PC

LabVIEW

Langner OPC Server                                     WAGO OPC Server

Ethernet                                                           Ethernet

Siemens S7 PLC                                                     Wago PLC

If I´ve a problem with the OPC server which is on the same PC like LabVIEW I´ver no problems with the information if the server has a problem or communication to the server. With quality information like you´ve written.

But if we open the sthernet connection, the OPC server gets the information, but not LabVIEW. Using Frontpanel DataSocket I get a green indicator for the Frontpanelelemtent which is connected to the OPC item, and also using the Datasocket VI the quality information is not bad.

I hope I have carify the problem ???Smiley Happy

IMaDFX

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,396 Views)