LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPC UA Comparing two waveforms read from separate files

Hello Guys,

I created a sine signal at my OPC UA server and I am reading that signal at my OPC UA client. I plotted the signal  at both , the server and at the client. My task now is to compare the two signals and make sure that the data is transfered as fast as possible so when I am sampling I wont miss any data. Maybe OPC UA is not the best toolkit to do fast sampling but I want to test its limitations and work on it at its best.

I am attaching my files here, where you can see what did I write so far. I need help comparing the two waveforms. Since there is time difference between the two waveforms. I need to compare them in a separet VI. And should calculate the offset in order to make for that time difference and be able to compare the two signals. Comparison according to (Sampling rate, frequency, phase difference, noise). I am supposing that the comparison would be done in a separate VI and the result can be sent to the OPC UA server to update it.

So I am considering the signal generated at the server is IDEAL and I'll compare the signal at the client to it. And I need to measure the %error between them.

Please excuse my level of programming. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

ELias

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,452 Views)

FYI: Same question has been asked on german LabVIEWforum.de

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,417 Views)

So I cant post my question on different forums? The users on this forum arent the same there....Its a different website...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,410 Views)

You are allowed to post your question an different websites. But it is considered as impolite not to mention that. Read Rolf's comment on labviewforum.de, I cannot state it any better than that.

For everyone here at ni.com: Question has also been posted on LAVA: https://lavag.org/topic/19613-phase-difference-between-two-signals

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,385 Views)