LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OOP debugging dynamically dispatched VI

I'm using OOP to create a hardware abstraction layer (it's secondary to this question but search for "How to Mitigate Hardware Obsolescence in Next-Generation Test Systems" and look at version 2) and backed myself into a corner.  My code stopped at a breakpoint on a dynamic dispatch VI and I stepped into the dynamic VI.  After stepping partway through the VI I accidently closed the dynamic VI, with execution paused in it.  I couldn't find a way to get back to the paused block diagram to continue (double clicking on the VI call allowed me to opened a clean copy of the VI, but not the paused copy).  Is there a way to regain control short of killing everything and starting over?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,046 Views)

You can open a reference to the clone and then use a property node to open its FP or BD. To open a reference to the clone use a for loop and open a reference to My Class.lvclass:My VI.vi:X where My VI is your VI's name and X is a running number starting from 1 and going up to something (I would suggest a while loop you stop manually). One of these numbers will be the number of your clone (they are assigned when the clone is created in memory, so you can't know it in advance. Also, be sure to ignore the errors in the loop, as you will get them for all the clones that don't exist.

(2,038 Views)