LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFDM with NI RFSG and RFSA

Hi

Does someone has any sample vi to implement OFDM using PXI. We had a sample RF front end in NI PXI. We want to incorporate OFDM modulation, scrambling-descrambling, convolution encoding-decoding. If there is any sample example to anyone it will be helpful.

Attach is the RF front end.

Regards

Farooqui

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,171 Views)

Maybe you could start with the Baseband Developer's Kit ?

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,130 Views)

Hi Farooqui,

Which RFSG/RFSA hardware are you using?  There aren't any public OFDM examples for RFSA/RFSG to my knowledge, however we do have a couple for multiple USRP devices here and here.  I would take a look through those for the code structure and adapt it by replacing the USRP specific VIs, as a potential starting point.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,120 Views)

PXI 5610,5421,6653

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,107 Views)

Hi Farooqui,

Here is another example that might be useful.  It is just a software example using the Modulation Toolkit.  You would need to had the appropriate RFSA calls.

RF Simulation Demo: OFDM

http://www.ni.com/example/30152/en/

Hopefully this is helpful!

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,088 Views)

yes, i already downloaded this VIs and trying to understand 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,083 Views)

Hi Matt_L

i am waiting for your feedback.

regards

Farooqui

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,062 Views)

Hello Alfarooqui,

Matt_L is not in the office at the moment - but from this thread, it is not clear what feedback you are still needing.  

Matt_L, Josh-B and GovBob have all provided links to potentially helpful resources.  Did you have a specific question about one of those resources?

Cheers

Matthew H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,048 Views)

Hi

According to Matt_L last feedback

" I would take a look through those for the code structure and adapt it by replacing the USRP specific VIs, as a potential starting point."

So i was talking about this.

Regards

Farooqui

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,043 Views)

Hello alfarooqui,

I believe this may be a translation issue, Matt_L was recommending that you attempt to make these modifications.  A subtle difference of "I would" and "I will", but the meaning is quite different.  I don't believe he is working on adapting the linked examples at this time.

That said, I believe this is already available as a feature of multiple NI Wireless Toolkits or toolkit packages.  Have you attempted to use the example linked by Joshua-B?

Best Regards,

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,035 Views)