cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numeric array position

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I would like to know how to insert one number in the four position of a numeric array. 

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(2,645 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author labview99

Hi 99,

@labview99 wrote:

I would like to know how to insert one number in the four position of a numeric array

There is a function palette for array functions. One of those functions is named "Insert Into Array"…

You got comments on those Training resource offered in the LabVIEW board before, did you?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(2,625 Views)

It gaves me an error

INSERT INTO ARRAY.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(2,609 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author labview99

Hi 99,

and what is the reason of the error? Did you read the context help when hovering the mouse over that broken arrow?

Again: you got comments to take the free Training courses, did you? This is very basic LabVIEW stuff!

@labview99 wrote:

It gaves me an error

Maybe because there is no array where you can insert an element!?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(2,606 Views)

Okey, thank you for your help

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(2,601 Views)

SO, if there is no array where I can insert an element, How can I do it?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(2,593 Views)

@labview99 wrote:

SO, if there is no array where I can insert an element, How can I do it?

Think about your question for a minute. You're asking how to put an element into an array that does not exist. That would be like trying to pour coffee into a cup that does not exist - you have to get the cup first. Make an array. As GerdW has said you should really take a look at the basic LabVIEW training material. You will spend more time on simple stuff like this than it will take to complete the training materials.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(2,589 Views)

I have already created the array

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(2,586 Views)

The problem is that I can´t connect the number to the first channel of the function insert into array

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(2,585 Views)

@labview99 wrote:

The problem is that I can´t connect the number to the first channel of the function insert into array

No, the problem is that you're trying to connect a number to an array input of the insert into array. If you want to create an array then there are appropriate functions on the array palette.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(2,579 Views)