LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NumText.FGColor

I am having a problem programmatically setting the NumText.FGColor attribute in LV7.1.  I can set the attribute, and then read the value, and it appears set properly, however, the front panel indicator does not change color.  Also, I can change the FG Color of the front panel indicator using the "paint brush", then read back that value, however, I still cannot modify it while the program is running.  I have tried this on various machines, but it does not work on any of them. So I don't think it is a machine issue. Please see attached example.

-Brant
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,558 Views)
You want to use Properties>Numeric Text>Text Colors>BG Color.
Message 2 of 5
(2,548 Views)

Thanks, that is working. So, do you know what the Properties>Numeric Text>Colors>FG Color used for?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,527 Views)
You can right click on the property node and select Help for the particular property you have chosen.  However, I don't know what the foreground of a numeric control or indicator is.  All I know is that there is a text color and a background color.  I tried changing the foreground color to white, black, and some other color, and saw no visible difference.  Perhaps the foreground color property is meant for other items.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,518 Views)
It's the foreground color of the decoration. Right clicking on a property and selecting Help for ... will provide this type of information. Using one of the classis controls, you can actually see part of the frame change color. I don't see anything with the 3D type controls.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,516 Views)