Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifying the end of an Asynchronous call

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremie_technion

Thank you for all your answers.

I expressed myself wrongly, I am not trying to just wait and do nothing, otherwise indeed a simple subVI would have been enough.

But I want that as soon as my subVI is executed, the state changes.

I managed to do that in a simpler way:

I defined a boolean in the main VI as wrong, indicating that the subVI has not been executed yet or that its execution has not ended.

I put my "wait for asynchronous call" in a flat sequence, followed, farther in time, by an assigning "true" to my boolean, which occurs when the subVI is executed.

Best,

Jeremie

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(314 Views)

Well, I'm glad you are satisfied that you have a "solution" to your problem.  Sadly, I doubt that anyone reading this thread is going to learn much from it, in particular they will be hard-pressed to understand the problem and to understand your solution.

One thing seems pretty clear -- the only person who had any understanding of your code was you, yourself, because you never presented your code to us, nor was there ever a clear description of your State Machine and the role of the asynchronous VI as it interacted with the SM and its various States.  I'm reasonably sure that I would not choose whatever you did (that involved a flat sequence around a Wait On Asynchronous Call, followed by setting a Boolean to True) -- it just doesn't make sense to me, but then neither did the question you posed.  Oh, well, an opportunity missed ...

Bob Schor

Message 12 of 12
(302 Views)