LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifier

@Ben wrote:

?

Have you considered wrapping the notifier action in an Action Engine that is served via VI Server?

While I have not done it with notifiers I have exposed queues on one machine to another by wrapping the Queue operations in a AE that was served. Aside from a bug in LV 6i-RT tht would kill the queue if the connection was closed, that type of operation has been around for a long time and works well.

Ben

Ben

Can you give me an example code of how you did this through AE?

I have not used AE.

@Ben wrote:

?

Have you considered wrapping the notifier action in an Action Engine that is served via VI Server?

While I have not done it with notifiers I have exposed queues on one machine to another by wrapping the Queue operations in a AE that was served. Aside from a bug in LV 6i-RT tht would kill the queue if the connection was closed, that type of operation has been around for a long time and works well.

Ben

Ben

I have not used AE.

Can you please share an example code you have done that uses this method?

Sable

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(562 Views)

Action Engine

Attached is a VI Template I use (currently in 2016).  I have other versions for queues and User Events that I use a lot more often.  The idea is that anybody sending the Notification just calls the Send task and the data is sent through the Notifier.  Anybody needing to listen for the Notification needs to Get Reference and then use the reference that is passed out to wait for the notification.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 12 of 12
(557 Views)