LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not detec ting PCI 6221

HI,

I am using PCI 6221, while it is being detected in windows (devices and managers)as working, even after installing  NI DAQmx the device is not being detected by devices and interfaces pull down menu, saying "unidentified" in MAX

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,041 Views)

1) refresh the MAX once you change anything. All changes take effect once after it is refreshed.

2) If it is detected by devices and interfaces, just go to Express VI's and place a DAQ assistant. During the DAQ assistant setup just check whether you are able to see PCI device or not.

Give Kudos if this helps

"Winning isn't everything, Its the only thing"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,035 Views)

I tried. No change

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,027 Views)

Hello me_kokila,

At this point there a few things you can try:

-In your device manager, uninstall the PCI device and reboot your PC. Upon restart, windows will identify the device and 'found new hardware' wizard will appear.

-Choose to install software automatically and your device should start working properly.

In case the above doesn't resolve your problem the cause could be MAX database corruption. Take a look at this link to fix this.

If the problem still persists, reinstalling drivers may help.

I hope this resolves your problem.

Regards,

Navjodh

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,015 Views)

I have the very same problem.

I set up a computer yesterday. Today I installed Win 7 and LabVIEW. I downloaded the newest Daq driver (930f2).

After I installed the driver, the card was listed as working properly in the device manager. However it did not appear in the MAX. I tried some of the stuff, you suggested, the result being that the card isn't even listed in the device manager anymore. When I select it and tried to install the driver it always tells me, that there's no driver for the device.

Can you suggest anything else? As I mentioned before, the computer was set up specifically for the task, so everything is new.

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,989 Views)

Does noone know anything about this problem and how to solve it? Even NI support couldn't help me.

I don't think the card is broken because

a) it's spanking new and

b) the device manager still recognizes it

Any ideas on this are really welcome

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,972 Views)

OK, me again.

Somehow the 9.3.0f2 Driver didn't work...

I had to deinstall it (4 entries).

The I installed the jurassic driver that came with the card on DVD (9.1.7. *blowoffdust*)

Now the card appears in the MAX.

I'll see If it works from here.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,970 Views)