LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to reinstall Labview 2017

Hi Labview community, I was working with NCD Long Range wireless Temperature and Humidity Sensors. I installed all required files from this NCD long-range temperature and humidity sensor Github page.

but it didn't work properly, so I uninstalled it from my system and tried to install it again. but it showed the new version is already installed, I also deleted all the files from my C drive.

lab.JPG

Thank you for your help in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,863 Views)

Hi rjrajbir,

but it showed the new version is already installed,

It says the RuntimeEngine (RTE) is already installed.

What do you want to install? LabVIEW or just a RTE?

I also deleted all the files from my C drive

You should not do that. Instead you always should use the appropriate uninstaller routine for your software…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,855 Views)

Once you start deleting files "on your own", you largely ruin Windows' ability to manage your system.  You might be able to fix things by attempting to reinstall all of the relevant software "on top of" the existing version (but, if we are talking about LabVIEW, particularly multiple versions of LabVIEW, will probably not be possible), but the only guaranteed fix starts like this:

1. Gather complete installation media.
  2. Back up all documents and personal files.
  3. Reformat the C: Drive.
  4. Reinstall Windows.
  5. Reinstall all other programs.
  6. Restore your files.

I've been down this path more than once (unfortunately).  I'm much more careful now.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,827 Views)

I was looking for an old tool that doesn't seem to be available anymore and I found an knowledge base article that might help you out. 

Force Reinstall Non-Working or Corrupt NI Software

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,821 Views)