From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to press Tab in Web Page with help of IWebBrowser2

Hello,

I would like to press the tab on a web page tab that doesn´t have a direct URL. I read somewhere that ths could be achieved with the Navigate2 method in IWebBrowser2. Unfortunately I am not so good with HTML language. I have use Google Chromes Inspect function to try to get a comnmand to the web tab. See attachments. It is the "Line-ups" tab i want to press programmatically on.

Other possible solutions I have read about is with the click method on the web element but I have also failed trying that.

Any suggestions are apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,122 Views)

Hello RealBjörkis,

Have you had a look at the example linked below? While it is not exactly what you are asking, I think it is onto something. Please review the property/invoke nodes used to interact with the HTML code.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-25396

What was it that failed when using the click method? I would believe that to be a valid approach as well.

Best regards,

Christopher

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,052 Views)

Hello cbwestl,

Thanks for your tips.

Yes, I was initially looking at that example and I failed at the click method since Error 97 appeared:

"LabVIEW: a null or previously deleted refnum was passed in as an input"  

See attachments with the VI that is a simplification from your link (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-25396). (I don´t need to input a text to a field). Other attachment is the error message.

Probably it doesn´t  encounter any of the names (lineups or Line-ups) that i input to the name-input of IHTMLElementCollection. Could it be that this method is reserved for a button and not a Tab?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,043 Views)

Hmm, I am not that experienced with the APIs you are using.

But the click method seems to be related to objects, so I cannot find any reason why it would not work for a tab.

You need to make sure that you are extracting the object reference correctly. The error you are seeing seems to be related to not having found the correct element.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,974 Views)