LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a LabVIEW question, but has anyone had trouble logging into here?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, Everyone:

It seems that I can't log in from my workplace suddenly, but I can log in from home.  I'm simply trying to understand the problem.  It started Monday.  Tech support at work (which is surprisingly savvy) couldn't come up with an explanation.

If you're wondering why I haven't been participating lately, that's why.

Thanks!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,458 Views)

Hi Bill,

no trouble here (Germany, home and work)!

(NI website including LabVIEW forum is slow as usual…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,457 Views)

I just realized how silly the question sounds since only people that can log in can answer it, but I was hoping maybe someone solved it.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Message 3 of 10
(2,454 Views)

Well i've had issues with "losing Connection". As in Reading a thread and after a couple of minutes i get an error page "page don't exist" … Today it seems to work better … so far.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,431 Views)

Hi Bill,

you are not alone. Since the weekend I could not log in to the forums from home. I can log in at my workplace. Using Firefox in both places.

UliB

Message 5 of 10
(2,425 Views)

@UliB wrote:

Hi Bill,

you are not alone. Since the weekend I could not log in to the forums from home. I can log in at my workplace. Using Firefox in both places.

UliB

Thanks for that tidbit.  You reminded me that I need to add the pertinent info:

I used IE as well as FF, tried deleting cookies and the cache.  Disabled the firewall.  Haven't tried anything involving dead chickens or anything of that nature, yet.  Cursing didn't help, either.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Message 6 of 10
(2,404 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author billko

Try this.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,390 Views)

@aputman wrote:

Try this.

It fixed itself.  Probably what happened was that I put in a ticket with our IT, labeled it as urgent and "affects my work", added a link to the fix (thanks @aputman!).  I placed the ticket in the morning and it got done now.  Pretty quick.

Unfortunately we can't modify our internet settings, but maybe they were able to work around it.  At any rate... solution is warranted!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,352 Views)

Being back at home now, I am able to log in again at first try. I did not change any internet security settings as suggested.

So I don't know what is going on.

UliB

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,347 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author billko

Turns out that this is actually the result of my feedback that I sent through the "Submit Site Feedback" link.  It was the only way to communicate.  And it found its way to Lili, the forum admin and she wrote me a nice little email.  They took some kind of unspecified action late this afternoon and it works now!

I replied to her email, but I always like to highlight the people who help me out, so public Kudos to Lili and the entire chain of people that helped me get my message from feedback to support for helping us out!!!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,326 Views)