LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nipcibrd.sys/ Labview 2019

This appears to be identical to the issue referenced by the other poster.  See my post above; it should be resolved in an upcoming release.

Message 11 of 20
(2,960 Views)

I have the same issue and the same cause (detaching from USB-C Thunderbolt dock). I'm running LV2018 SP1 with the f4 patch. I'm pretty sure it started happening right after I installed the f4 patch.

Edit: Updated to the latest drivers for the Intel(R) PCI Express Root Ports - didn't help. Memory dmp file is over 1GB, so I can't attach.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(2,932 Views)

I get a blue screen coming out of hibernation. 0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_nipcibrd_IMAGE_pci.sys is the culprit.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

32768MB RAM

The driver "NI Ethernet Device Enumerator" can be disabled, I suspect that after an update it was re-enabled which is why I started to see the blue screen again.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(2,913 Views)

Upgrading to PXI Platform Services 20.0 seems to have fixed the issue for me.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(2,809 Views)

I am currently having a similar issue. I got a new laptop with an Intel i7-1260p CPU.

I installed several LabVIEW versions from 2018 to 2021 including many hardware drivers (which results that PXI Platform Support and thus the driver nipcibrd.sys is added).

But as soon as I activate anything from the Hyper-V support after the LabVIEW driver-installations (like the Windows package VM platform, because I'd like to use Docker) I get a BSOD in Windows 11 directly after the restart of Windows 11. Windows tries to repair the issue, but it cannot. I have to start in safe mode where the activation of the option "VM platform" is taken back.

In Windows 10 it is fairly similar, just without the BSOD, but Windows will not start with the combination Hyper-V active AND NI hardware drivers. Even an update of the NI PXI Platform Services 22.5 did not solve the issue.

By chance I deactivated the VT-d support (i.e. the intel(R) virtulization technology for directed I/O) and as strange it has been after that no BSOD anymore, Windows 10 and/or Windows 11 start normally.

Perhaps this will work for others that might experience similar issue.

I opened a support request at NI, lets see if they can come up with a fix.

Kudos are welcome...
Message 15 of 20
(1,969 Views)

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to post this! My laptop had gone back to BSODing every time I undocked and/or woke from sleep. Disabling VT-d in the bios seems to have fixed the problem! I've had a non portable laptop for over a year (essentially had to shut down, move it, then reboot). Kudos to you JensG69!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,961 Views)

Hi TobyD,

very interesting that disabling VT-d helps another one with these BSOD errors (although mine is directly at the start of Windows).

NI should have a look into this!

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,941 Views)

I have the same issue on a new Windows 11 PC build with the latest LV 2022 Q3 and PXI platform services 2023 Q1. The bluescreen when coming out of hibernation occurs sporadically, about 20-30% of the time.

I don't have the "NI Ethernet Device Enumerator" show up in device manager (also not as a hidden device) because I don't have any NI hardware connected, but the driver files are present in the Windows drivers folder and obviously they are loaded according to the error dump. It also doesn't seem to make a difference if I uninstall PXI platform services. How can I disable the driver if it doesn't appear in device manager?

Message 18 of 20
(1,384 Views)

Just bumping this for visibility. I recently got a new laptop and have blue screened 3 times in the last couple of days. My scenario is the same as Chris.Dickersons. I only have LabVIEW 2018 and 2023 installed on it and my PXI Platform Services version is 2023. I will try some of the things suggested in this thread.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,194 Views)

You can check out my solution - if you don't use NI hardware which requires the nipcibrd driver, you can uninstall just the driver without affecting the rest of the PXI platform services package or DAQmx.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,141 Views)