LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie, Would like to use analog input and graph

This is a trivial problem. Right click on the History property and select 'Create>Constant'.

It is also not recomended to do your DAQmx configuration and closing each and every iteration of the while loop. Move them outside.

You can also skip all of that stuff with the property nodes to set offset and multiplier since the waveform data type you are getting has all of that information for correct plotting on the chart.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(552 Views)

You also want to move your Simple Error handler outside of your while loop and or the error cluster with your stop button to break out in case of error.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(548 Views)

Again, I dont have a clue as to what your talking about. I still cant get the correct time and date. Here is where I am now.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(546 Views)

Pay attention. ELIMINATE the Xscale.Offset and XScale.Multiplier properties. Then right click on the chart and select properties. Make sure the default offset and multiplier are 0 and 1 on the Scales tab.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(543 Views)

That worked, thank you. But now how do I adjust my sample time?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(537 Views)

You enter values into the rate control and number of samples and run the VI. Obviously, you cannot change the rate while the VI is running. The time between iterations is simple arithmetic as is the time between samples.

p.s. The Wait Until Next ms Multiple does nothing and should be deleted. It also seems silly to take multiple samples and then pass a single one of them to your tank and numeric indicators.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(530 Views)

That control you have that's labeled "Rate".  That sets your sampling rate.  The time between samples is the reciprocal of that number.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(529 Views)